“I’m working as hard as I can, but I always feel behind.”
“Seems like all I do is work, but I’m not accomplishing as much as I should.”
Here’s what I’ve noticed with most founders:
⏱ They’re working long hours.
🧾 They have a long to-do list.
📈 They want to focus on what’s important.
But there’s ONE thing they don’t have:
💡💡 Clear criteria for prioritizing.💡💡
Instead, they just jump in and start working, getting pulled into other people’s urgency and falling down rabbit holes of information.
They’re getting things done — but they don’t feel productive.
Here’s how to change that:
1️⃣ Identify your criteria, e.g.:
- time sensitivity (is there a deadline?)
- strategic impact (is this directly related to 💰 or an OKR?)
- availability of info (do I have the data I need?)
- can I do this alone (or is it better with a team member?)
- connection-building (will this help my team work better together?)
2️⃣ Write them down for easy reference — don’t rely on memory.
Use something physical and concrete like a post-it or index card.
3️⃣ Determine your Top 3 tasks according to these criteria.
Everyday, before you start working.
Because thinking about your work is part of your work.