People think that to have influence you have to:
- Have fancy credentials (an Ivy League degree or experience! worked at brand-name company!)
- Be a brilliant expert who always knows the right answer
- Have a big title and recognized status
- Have an impressive track record (sold three companies! has thousands of followers!)
- Be a charming extrovert and eloquent speaker (preferably with a British accent)
Guess what, it’s NOT true.
I’ve been able to:
- Convince the CEO of a top-three investor relations firm in Japan to promote me to managing editor when I was 28 and had no management experience
- Become a $1M sales producer, earning the trust of hundreds of cynical New Yorkers to buy their health insurance from an unknown startup
- Get 30+ world-renowned experts like Simon Sinek, Daniel Pink and Mark Divine to let me interview them on my mental toughness summit
- Deliver training in mental/emotional control to men in the Special Forces — as a woman, with no military background
- Help CEOs and executives shift their worldview and create habits that they weren’t able to on their own
I did all this as a quiet introvert from Iowa with no high-level connections, no NY Times bestseller, no genius IQ (ha!). And certaintly, no-one showed me how to do this when I was growing up.
I had to learn how to ACTIVATE my influence.
And you can too.
Because influence is not a function of what you’ve done, who you know or how much money you have. It’s a function of how you’re showing up in the world.
Here’s the “secret” formula:
So, tell me: Which of these three components do you need to level up?
How would having more influence — on your colleagues, clients, prospects, decision-makers — transform your life?
What would it mean to have greater impact in your world?
p.s. Influence Mastery Accelerator is my 60-day group coaching intensive to help maverick leaders activate their inner power to show up more boldly, bounce back quicker and influence others to action. This is a program for people who know what they want — and want to get there faster. If you’d like to see if you’re a good fit, let’s talk. Click here to schedule a 20-minute “Activate Your Influence” discovery call.